Kino Gallery plugin
by 10th August 2011|
Finally it’s here. We’ve been working on and off on the Kino Gallery for a few years, and we’re now happy to release a stable version to the WordPress community.
The Kino Gallery enables you to easily setup a thumbnail gallery that sits in the sidebar. When a thumbnail is clicked the main image will be loaded up into the main column of the website. Titles and fully featured descriptions can be added to these image.
The Kino Gallery is a free to use – you can download the plugin here.
- Upload the plugin folder, kino-gallery, to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Alternatively, simply run a search for Kino Gallery in the Plugins section and follow onscreen installation instructions.
Once installed you need to configure the plugin on your site:
- Drag the Kino Gallery widget into the sidebar and give it a name.
- In Settings>Kino Gallery you can change; Max width of full size image, Thumbnail size, Thumbnail CSS (where you can apply custom styling), Opacity of thumbnails, Fade speed of thumbnails
- Add new images to the sidebar by going to Kino Gallery>Add New. Note that you just need the URL of the large image here as the plugin will resize the thumbnail according to the settings.
- You can edit the gallery through Kino Gallery>Kino Gallery
The Kino Gallery plugin is not officially supported by Kino Creative. By downloading the Kino Gallery plugin you agree that you wish to use the selected software and that you will not hold Kino Creative responsible in any way. Download the Kino Gallery Plugin means that you have understood and agreed to all the terms and conditions of this disclaimer.
Kino Creative does not take any responsibility and is not liable for any damage caused through use of this plugin, be it indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages (including damages for loss of business, loss of profits, interruption or the like). Kino Creative does not take responsibility for the correct workings of software that has been modified in any way or by their use in ways they weren’t designed for. You must also be aware that as with any other software, bugs could be found in the software that you download. The Kino Gallery plugin is distributed on an AS IS basis. By downloading the plugin from Kino Creative, you agree that you have read and understood the product specifications and have assessed that they can be used by you in the way that you require.
Suggestions & Donations
The Kino Gallery is a free plugin, but if you find it useful we would appreciate donations! Also please let us know where you are using the plugin, and if you have any suggestions for it going forward.