Whatever your background or eduction, if you’re a digital person that can demonstrate a strong coding skillset or show us a brilliant creative portfolio, you’ll fit in here. If you like what you see on our website then we’d like to hear from you. Here are the positions that are currently open:
We’d like a talented creative to work with us in central Newcastle. If you can show us a strong portfolio, and a willingness to work on a range of projects, then in return you’ll gain excellent real world professional experience, and be guided along the way by some top quality designers. We’re a digital agency, so above all you’ll need to show us that you understand digital design, but we also need someone who’s a good communicator and can become an active part of the team here.
You’ll know your way around Adobe’s main software packages such as Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator, and there’s also room to learn some video animation if you want to delve into After Effects.
Once you’re happy with us, and we can see you’re ready for the plunge, then it’ll be time for the full agency life – working directly with clients across the globe as part of our digital team.
Senior PHP Web Developer
We need an ambitious developer to work with us in our Newcastle office.You’ll need to be able to lead and grow a focused and skilled development team, and make your mark on a dynamic and growing business. The Senior Web Developer position will see you working on and overseeing a wide variety of projects from website builds through to VR demos and WebGL customisers.
This is not a job where you’re expected to sit on a single project for 12 months.
Here’s what we’re looking for from you:
- Good communication skills
- PHP – thorough working knowledge with excellent OOP understanding
- WordPress – good experience of WordPress and Woocommerce
- RWD frameworks e.g. Bootstrap and/or Foundation
- HTML5/CSS3 – excellent working knowledge
- MySQL – be comfortable writing SQL queries – it won’t happen often but sometimes can be a life-saver
In return you’ll receive:
- Responsibility for, and influence over the approach and direction of the development work at Kino
- Company pension
- Competitive salary and holidays
- Flexible working hours, but only 37 of them per week